Thursday, September 15, 2011

Braces - Coming off finally

Well this has been a long time coming. Back when I was in middle school, around age 12 I got braces. A story that most kids go through. However nothings ever simple for me. As such why would this be any different? As time went on it was apparent my bottom jaw was going to grow past the normal point.

So I needed jaw surgery. But I needed to wait for my jaw to finish growing. I had a year or two of reprieve with out them on during this growing phase. I liked not having them on for a while. However I got them back on right around when I went back to college. Not so fun.

I got my surgery earlier this year, I was 21 then. I am 22 now. 6 months ago I had that surgery. Along with 30 some odd hooks of metal in my mouth for 4 weeks prior to it and a while after it. (Man, those hooks were not fun at all.)

Hooks:

Post-Surgery Face:


The bloated face has gone down completely now. I can eat now. Previously I had to food process everything. Even noodles. It was pretty sad for me. Even afterwards I had to use bands and elastics which made eating a pain even after the swelling went down. Any ways I just got back from the orthodontist. I am ready to loose these braces. (About time!) Age 22, braces coming off finally. 10 years later. Appointment made for October 6th, 2011.

I am happy. That is all.

No comments: