Monday, November 7, 2011

Sleep Studys/Clinical Trials

Recently I have come to the decision of: I need more money. Its been really hard for me to find a job. I am sure its that way for a lot of people. I was always told to work smarter rather than harder. But I never really took it to heart. Well that is until recently. One of my old friends visited me for a day and we talked. He quit his job the week before and came out to the new england area for a wedding. But the question of now what came up. His plan was to make cash on the side with plasma donations. Said it was okay, not a whole lot but didn't take a whole lot out of his daily life. It got me thinking... What else is out there?

So I look to the google! I decided to do a little research in between my job hunting. I found out about clinical trials. Very interesting topic. I had no idea I could get payed one grand, ya 1000 bucks, for 4 days in a study dorm doing anything I want. Some studies even went up to 175000, but that was by nasa. They're pretty selective for it. Theres some nice potential for some quick cash. I signed up for quite a few.

My journey into this world starts wendsday actually, 11/9/2011. Well technically it began last thursday when I did my first check up and screening. I passed, yay. But on Wednesday is the day I know for sure if I get in. Im a back up, long story short if someone fails the last check up and I pass. I get in. If no one fails and I still pass, I get a free 100 bucks for nothing. If I get in, well I'm in the study for the whole 1000. Not bad either way. 100 bucks isn't a ton but hey its essentially free money. I can not complain.

If your interested in clinical trials and research stuff I highly recommend looking into your local craigslist under the ETC jobs. Sometimes you'll find some there. A lot of the studies can be found on the official government website: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ But to be totally honest that sites a little annoying to work with. I personally love this one: www.gpgp.net It made my life so much easier.

I plan to do these studies along with other sources of income. Maybe I can make my own source of cash with out needing to be employed. Maybe... Well heres to trying.

No comments: