Friday, November 18, 2011

My first experiences in Skyrim

So I got to playing Skyrim recently. I've been excited about it. Then again... who hasn't? I've been reading about everyones epic tales of adventures and ballads of emotional turmoil. I have a few tales of my own to weave, however they are not as epic as a horse taking on a dragon taking on a bear.

I started my journey in Whiterun. I accidentally did the dungeon before I went there. I like to wander around. I did it in oblivion way too much. So I hand the court mage his brand "new" dragon stone and get told to follow the dark elf. Dur okay. She gives some speech thing and off we go to kill a dragon. Yay, first dragon fight. I'm excited! I follow them like a good mindless drone would. Slowly but surely we make it to the tower which looks pretty ravaged. Man dragons are bad ass huh? I need to be quick on my feet to handle this. Seeing as how I'm like lv 4 I assume a dragon would mop the floor with me. But I got a battalion of guards behind me. Ill be fine I tell myself as I approach the tower. The dragon it is back! and the npcs do the scatter thing. I think I bet I could do well if I run to the top of the tower and shoot arrows or magic or something at it. So I sprint up the stairs. I get to the top. The dragons just doing its flying circle things and I can't hit it worth a damn. Apparently a marksman I am not. So I pull out some magic and try to hit it. Not close enough... Its starting to land! I run to the edge of the tower and proceed to cast my magic. Apparently I ran a little TOO close to the edge. So close that I fell off. The dragon looks at me as I am falling and decides now is a good time to torch my ass. So here I am... falling Being torched. I hit the ground. Guess who's dead? Its not the dragon. -sadface- The Dragonborn is no match for gravity and fire. As I am feeling pretty retarded I decided I might as well try again. So reload from the castle...

Round 2: FIGHT! This time I sprinted ahead and took a much better path than the npcs. I had a while to wait so I decided to hunt some elk n shits. I get out my ol' bow and arrow. Target practice! I suck at it. Might as well try and not suck. I hit a few elk. Not enough damage to one shot them but I am feeling pretty good about it. I got a few hits in. I wait... no NPCs. I shoot some more. Still no npcs. Where the hell are they? "Eh? ... Oh! I see them." They came running over the hills with bows drawn running after the elk that I let live. Sigh. I let them live. The npcs were not content with letting them live. Or at least didn't want to let them live. None of the guards hit a single arrow. I feel a bit better about my own marksmanship at least. That dark elf had a sword in hand and I am like "...they're faster than you. -facepalm-" as I watch the chase scene ahead of me. Dark elfs all like NOPE! Your not running! and starts blasting off lightning bolts or some shit from her hand. Elk gets hit and is sent flying. Ah Bethesda physics, how I missed ye. Also ... wow overkill much? Anyways I run over and loot the poor elks. I feel a bit better about myself. I'm not the only incompetent archer around this forsaken snowy tundra! But I fear I am the worst archer on a tower still. I got an image to uphold I guess.

I wonder how the radiant story system will play this off down the road... Guardsmen: "Hey, I know you. I hear theirs a special on flaming mud at the tavern... I hear its to your liking..."

1 comment:

SavingsIsFree.com said...

Rafoie, Hello It's Tina from http://www.savingsisfree.com/
How are you? Rafoia you have a very unique writing style. You should look in to getting paid on-line for writing. I know that you could also submit story's on sites and have people vote for them. Oh and why are you not following me yet? Aunt Tina